Adaran's level loop Adaran's level loop

original progression, original not boring melody lines, authenticness. yeah you won this one legit. :)

Fretzone responds:

Thanks man :) I was really going for something authentic but original , I'm really happy you liked it

LogicBots - Wires and Gates LogicBots - Wires and Gates

Its always a guess if people understand scales (no offence ofcourse, in general theres alot of music on newgrounds that has utilized no understanding of the prior) and at first i held my breath a bit on the boops fearing it would just keep looping the same thing (wich happens alot in the prior aswell) but 1:40m in i already recogniced you know what youre doing. 1:15 was very refreshing, funny i also do something like that with 2 diff pianos in one of the last tracks for the game i work on myself.. ahwell. Im going to make a backflip here and land my feet on the 5 stars if you dont mind. -cal.

Neon-Bard responds:

Thanks a million for the review, Cal. Listening to Wires and Gates now is like looking into the distant past (in terms of music). Honestly, I think it's a pretty catchy tune -- the melody holds up relatively well and I'm proud of it. Now, that being said, I have no choice but to shake my head with inward contempt at some of my musical choices with this track. The mix is kinda shaky, there are some patterns that need work, and the track is a tad repetitive at times. BUT, I made this over a year ago now and I still consider my skills to be in the infancy of learning about music, composing, etc.

I plan on revisiting the entire LogicBots soundtrack some time this year, in order to learn more and create a better sound for the game in general. Anyway, your review is much appreciated -- thank you for the kind words. :)

To the Stars To the Stars

I enjoy the instrument flux choices in the intro, and the chipstuff doesnt kill it so im going to just fall forward on my keyboard in the number 5 direction now. Great succes for chip mix land. -cal.

Step responds:

I know how experienced you are with chiptune so I'm extra glad you think it worked out. Thanks for reviewing!

Nostalgy Nostalgy

generic progression but no falsa, obviously some ratio knowledge/know what youre doing. (alot of people making chip do not) ill listen to some more of you.

pit80 responds:

Thanks for the comment.. If you interesting more my music.. Can check my music stocks on my MAIN PAGE ;)

Luer - Credits Luer - Credits

I was wondering what do you compose first? The chord progressions or the melody? I personally find that whenever i make a chord progression first i often end up making terrible melodies (with some big exceptions) It seems easier to compose on a melody, do you agree? I hear some little nuances here and there that i recognice from my own techniques so that resonates. I particularily love the sound of the electric guitar~ish instrument (just before the drums start) but the melody of it is a bit ehm.. random to my mind. (1:18 is where it screws up imo) If it were up to me i'd redo that part with something less out of place. -cal. For the remainder it has its strenghts and its weaknesses, theres just a few too many odd notes in there, while it has enough potential.

Greets. -cal.

ChipBit Heart ChipBit Heart

Extremely poor im sorry to say, you should get some theory lessons imo. Its also repetitive but worst of all theres instrumentations used that are nowhere near 8bit. Normally i dont like to make negative reviews but youre someone who clearly needs one. Please do yourself a favor and study some music theory. -cal.

Daydream-Anatomy responds:

It's all following the scale, key, the notes mostly follow the chord progression. I never said they were 8 bit either, the title is just chipbit heart.

Everyone could use more theory knowledge, but I know enough to know I wasn't that off.

Luer - Hot Cocoa Luer - Hot Cocoa

beep bap boop, bi be bo boop! Its very catchy and happy, but you already know that. I like the detail you put in this, i do wonder if you use plugins for some effects or make them yourself like i do?. Anyway, this is expressive top quality retro music imo. Now excuse me as i 5 and fave this. -cal.

Luer responds:

thanks bro. I make my own synths since 8bit sounds is pretty easy to make ;)

Your Father's Blade Your Father's Blade

Professional quality, and its original, thank the heavens of the nordic gods and their warbeasts that there are no BRAMMMS in it either. Its also a bit highlandish. I guess that was the aim?

Also, gotta love church stomps. :]]
-cal.

[KgZ] You Can't Stop Me! [KgZ] You Can't Stop Me!

Has some annoying hiss to it but compositionwise its lively and quality. :)
I particularily like the basstones, they are far from static in this.

greets.

Slowly softly Slowly softly

Very atmospheric, but also very loud at first glance, nicely loose and natural. Good food for the brain regardless. :) respect. -cal.